Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Happiness is A New Book

What a great feeling. I joined a national editorial association last week (EFA, if you must know). I also got registered and started a copyediting class, which has been a blast. I got new editions of great reference books. And signed a new contract for developmental editing on a short story.

Not bad for a middle-aged woman who's weathered a big fat life transition. Not bad for any old body, for that matter.

One of the most wonderful feelings I've felt in a while is realizing how much knowledge I had ready to pull up for this new approach to an old skill. Another wonderful feeling is that I've forgotten a huge amount, too, and that I have the means to pick that and more back up again.

I've also done a lot of reading lately. One of those things was quite a directional compass item, so I printed it out.  It was a recommendation: "Immerse yourself in whatever you decide to do. Quit worrying about your choices." It's now watching over me as I work at this sweet little desk.

Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful!... Best wishes in this new adventure. And thanks for the inspiring quote... I needed that!

    ReplyDelete

One of the many reasons I chose to represent myself in this blog was to have the opportunity to connect with folks who view it. Please allow me the pleasure of reading even the shortest of comments. Ask, tell, or fabricate - but be human...